Students are always expected to submit high-quality assignments without plagiarism and other grammar mistakes. Fortunately, composing an outstanding assignment is not quite as daunting as students think.
But how exactly can students compose exemplary assignments? It is only possible when they understand the ins and outs of writing standards.
This article covers everything students need to know about the quality of assignments, their benefits, how to write a picture-perfect assignment, and what steps to follow.
Benefits of high-quality assignments for students
According to Barren News, the quality of assignments helps students learn better life skills. If we look closely, there is a close relationship between assignments and the learning process. When students have a lot of work on their shoulders, they are less likely to focus on the quality of their work which ultimately hinders their learning capacities and capabilities.
Moreover, here are some of the prominent reasons why should students never compromise on the quality of their work;
- Quality assignments help students bolster their writing skills.
- Quality assignments let students conduct in-depth research on the subject matter that helps them explore the real world.
- When students are more focused on the quality of assignments, they strive to achieve better and result-oriented outcomes.
- Quality assignments help students develop interests in a variety of subjects.
- It makes students brainstorm ideas which strengthens their critical thinking prowess.
- Quality assignments also help students achieve better and higher grades while allowing teachers to track the student’s progress.
7 ways students can improve the quality of their assignments
Apart from focusing on on-time assignment submission, you must focus on the quality of assignments you compose for your coursework or homework.
Getting better grades isn't the only factor determining the quality of an assignment. It helps students to strengthen their both academic and practical writing skills and they won't freak out the next time they get an assignment or any other writing job.
Let's look at some of the most simple yet effective ways to improve the quality of your assignments.
Identify the topic's intent
Before you start working on your assignments, you must comprehend the assignment’s title or topic. Ask yourself:
- What is the intent of the assignment topic?
- What information do you already know about the topic?
Understanding the topic's intent helps you grasp what your teachers are expecting from you. In other words, a good understanding of a topic is the key to excelling in quality.
Your assignment topics can have one of the following types of intent:
- Argumentative intent: Building an evidence-based argument in your assignment.
- Expository intent: Writing with clear and legit information in hand.
- Narrative intent: Writing a self-based experience on a matter.
- Descriptive intent: Describing tiny details on the topic using creative language
Keep an eye on the deadline
Before you jump into writing an assignment, you need to know when you are expected to submit it or what its due date is. This helps you schedule your to-do list and avoid procrastination.
Start writing earlier so you have more time for editing and proofreading later. This greatly influences the quality of your assignment as you have more time to let your creative juices flow without rushing to complete it.
So make sure you know when the deadline is approaching before moving to the writing phase.
Perform in-depth research
Now that you know quite a bit about your assignment topic intent and its due date, it's time to start the research.
First, search for the exact topic on Google and skim everything that comes on the first two pages on SERPs (search engine result pages). Also, you can try combinations and variations of keywords to come up with relevant research results.
For academic assignments, Google Scholar is one of the finest options to perform research on academic topics. Here you will find almost everything relevant to a broad range of academic topics that matches your needs. Here are a few useful tips you should keep in mind with researching content for your assignment;
- Make a list of the main keywords in your topic.
- Use combinations and variations of the topic’s titles to come up with relevant data.
- Transform the title into a question and find its answer
- Use resources like Google Scholar, books, journals, and newspapers for relevant material.
Create an Outline of Your Topic First
Now before you start writing, it’s time to make an outline first!
One key thing while researching is to make notes of key points that you want to mention in your assignment. Making an outline first helps you stay on track and move to the writing phase quickly without facing blank page paralysis.
It also helps you keep your writing more:
- To the point
- Easy to comprehend
Make an outline with concise and impactful words without complicated words or unnecessary jargon that might make teachers doubt that you wrote it yourself.
Keep it simple
Now it's time to start writing your assignment. Starting with the attention-grabbing introduction, as it is probably the first thing your teacher will read. So, it must be well-written enough that they cannot resist themselves to give you a high score.
Students often fail to express their thoughts and ideas in suitable formal language. Also, they are not so confident in their writing style and tone. This is exactly where a paraphrasing tool jumps in!
Paragraph Rewriter is one of the most useful paraphrasing tools that students can rely on to improve the quality of their assignments.
Its simplicity, ease of use, and intuitive interface let students rephrase their ideas in an interesting and accurate manner so they won't have to do it manually. This tool also helps them save time and energy.
Proofread and edit your assignments rigorously
At the moment you write the last line of your assignment, it's time to "cut your losses." Grammar, punctuation, and spelling accuracy are important to improve the quality of your assignments.
Make sure your assignments are free from all types of errors and typos to save your assignments from negative grading.
When you have completed your assignments, take some time to proofread manually or through an amazing grammar checker such as Grammarly.
According to the McCabe study, 58% of students confessed to committing plagiarism in their work. It shows that students are more prone to plagiarism than writers. Students may plagiarize in their assignments for the following reasons;
- They lack confidence in their writing abilities.
- They may have less time to complete the assignments.
- They do not know the value of unique and high-quality assignments.
- Professors or institutes do not impose strict penalties.
Whatever the reason is, it is imperative for students to avoid plagiarism in all cases as its consequences range from mild to severe;
- Grade penalty or automatic zero
- Failing grade on course
- Academic probation or expulsion
Thus, use the Plagiarism Checker to ensure that your assignment is pretty much unique, and plagiarism free.
Writing a high-quality assignment is a skill you can learn and be proficient at. The trick to writing with great confidence and accuracy may take some time and practice, but once you master it, you will be able to tackle any topic effortlessly. The above-mentioned easy ways can help you improve the quality of your work.
It's time to put these tips into action!
While writing, don't forget to check Paragraph Rewriter to polish up your writing style and tone and Plagiarism Checker to make sure your assignment is plagiarism free.